New Key Progamming

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Eloise

Eloise
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:41 PM

Two days in of owning new car and I've lost the only key good and proper.

If I get key code and sigma alarm code buy fob and program it would this work? Got option of paying a lad £70 labour plus parts otherwise.

2003 forester with central locking and immobilizer.

Sorry if in wrong thread, feel free to move to appropriate area.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

#2 TMX

TMX
  • LocationSussex

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:25 PM

As you have a JDM Cross Sport, Does it happen to say in the paperwork, what security system it has...?  Sigma M30 alarms were fitted to UK cars at the port by Subaru UK

Hopefully @BansteadStig can point you in the right direction

Without the key, getting another one cut could be a problem

This might be some help: http://www.subarufor...acement-352361/

MY05 2.5XT

#3 Eloise

Eloise
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:52 AM

As you have a JDM Cross Sport, Does it happen to say in the paperwork, what security system it has...? Sigma M30 alarms were fitted to UK cars at the port by Subaru UK

Hopefully @BansteadStig can point you in the right direction

Without the key, getting another one cut could be a problem

This might be some help: http://www.subarufor...acement-352361/

As posted on another forum:

Just realised in my panic I forgot one crucial element. I don't have original key or have tools to make new key and programme it 😂😂 

Thanks anyway TMX. :)

#4 Blastertrev

Blastertrev
  • LocationSunny Cumbria (NOT)

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:46 PM

I suspect your only hope is the local Subaru dealer: I believe they can contact Japan and using the VIN get the appropriate programming codes.... you'll have to expect a bill around the £300 mark though  :shok:

PS just remembered that there's a guy Otley way who has the full Scooby programming gear, Howard from HDC Subaru in Hebden Bridge used him to save my old Legacy when I got the ECU wet (suprisingly easy to do), had to swap it out and reprogram the new one - a long shot but worth an ask, worth making contact with HDC anyway since you're in Yorkshire.

May the Foz be with you....

#5 Eloise

Eloise
  • LocationYorkshire

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:26 PM

I suspect your only hope is the local Subaru dealer: I believe they can contact Japan and using the VIN get the appropriate programming codes.... you'll have to expect a bill around the £300 mark though :shok:

PS just remembered that there's a guy Otley way who has the full Scooby programming gear, Howard from HDC Subaru in Hebden Bridge used him to save my old Legacy when I got the ECU wet (suprisingly easy to do), had to swap it out and reprogram the new one - a long shot but worth an ask, worth making contact with HDC anyway since you're in Yorkshire.

Thank you very much! Managed to get it done for £90 with spare key cut too. Turns out there's no immobilizer :S

#6 Blastertrev

Blastertrev
  • LocationSunny Cumbria (NOT)

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:48 PM

Great, glad you got it sorted. If your car doesn't have an immobiliser, it would obviously be a good idea to fit an aftermarket one/alarm. 

PS did you manage to get a key with the remote locking buttons??

May the Foz be with you....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users