• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 tedscossie

tedscossie
  • LocationGreece/Athens

Posted 09 July 2016 - 02:36 PM

Hi there, 

after one year with almost 500hp at the crank i am changing my turbo to a GTX3576R. 

and i want to change the maf to map or speed density.

I spoke with Andrew Carr and he was very helpfull. The thing is that he can't do anything for now. 

He told me to speak to Eculabs.com in France. I am still waiting for an answer from them.

Does anyone know if is anyone else in Uk where he can help me do it?

The thing here in Greece..no one does that. They just change ECU..Link , Haltech, Motec etc. But i don't want to do that.

Please help me.

Thank you in advance

Ted

2.5XTI-6SPEED MAPDCCD-The best 4x4xfar

#2 dnok

dnok
  • LocationElland West Yorkshire

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:48 PM

I don't have a clue but 500bhp!!!!!!!!!! Specs? Mods???? Wow!!
Well jealous:)

#3 Blastertrev

Blastertrev
  • LocationSunny Cumbria (NOT)

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:04 PM

Out of interest why do you want to go MAFless please Ted? I would guess that a combination of MAF and MAP would give the ECU the data to calculate AFR.

May the Foz be with you....

#4 dnok

dnok

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:23 PM

I'm guessing the maf might become a hindrance at the sort of power levels he's looking at. Pure guess tho

#5 tedscossie

tedscossie
  • LocationGreece/Athens

Posted 09 July 2016 - 10:50 PM

Yes the maf doesn't allow to revel that kind of power!

It is only for medium level/horsepower  cars. 

Till now that i am 470hp i was ok. 

But over that i need something stable that only speed density/map based can do. 

#6 tedscossie

tedscossie
  • LocationGreece/Athens

Posted 09 July 2016 - 10:52 PM

The car is fully forged with pistons, rods, 625arp bolts , 1100cc FIC injectors, equal length headers, tial 44mm ewg, and gtx3576r parallel fuel lines with twin fuel pumps and more...

#7 tedscossie

tedscossie
  • LocationGreece/Athens

Posted 09 July 2016 - 10:53 PM

Out of interest why do you want to go MAFless please Ted? I would guess that a combination of MAF and MAP would give the ECU the data to calculate AFR.

No the map based is way better that maf.... maf it can change all the time....and also if a dirt goes to the maf..you are dead...=engine damaged.

#8 dnok

dnok

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:10 AM

Holy sh1t! Nice. Do you have any genuine 0-60 or 1\4 mile times?

#9 tedscossie

tedscossie
  • LocationGreece/Athens

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:49 AM

Holy sh1t! Nice. Do you have any genuine 0-60 or 1\4 mile times?

No i have not!

Only street race.... ;-)

#10 Blastertrev

Blastertrev
  • LocationSunny Cumbria (NOT)

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:21 AM

Yes the maf doesn't allow to revel that kind of power!

It is only for medium level/horsepower  cars. 

Till now that i am 470hp i was ok. 

But over that i need something stable that only speed density/map based can do. 

OK, I get you. I suspect that Andy Carr had the same problem with your car as he had with mine when I enquired about switchable maps - lack of a suitable ECU with the correct connections. ECUlabs are always bringing out new models, but it's down to whether they're making what you need. Calculating everything from the MAP sensor will involve a LOT more sums than running of MAF, so I guess you will need a powerful ECU as well as one with the correct connections. It might be worth contacting Andy Forrest (andyforrestperformance.co.uk) he's into putting together seriously powerful Subarus, up to 1000HP :shok: 

May the Foz be with you....

#11 chooch

chooch

Posted 10 July 2016 - 09:46 AM

Andy Forrest is very highly regarded, having won TOTB numerous times. But he is in Scotland, another option is Eurospec in Guildford, who can tune pretty much anything... They are EFI certified tuners and also host tuning courses by EFI university. ...

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

#12 stants

stants

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:09 AM

May have to look at something like syvecs. Not cheap but it's should see you right

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#13 tedscossie

tedscossie
  • LocationGreece/Athens

Posted 10 July 2016 - 06:12 PM

OK, I get you. I suspect that Andy Carr had the same problem with your car as he had with mine when I enquired about switchable maps - lack of a suitable ECU with the correct connections. ECUlabs are always bringing out new models, but it's down to whether they're making what you need. Calculating everything from the MAP sensor will involve a LOT more sums than running of MAF, so I guess you will need a powerful ECU as well as one with the correct connections. It might be worth contacting Andy Forrest (andyforrestperformance.co.uk) he's into putting together seriously powerful Subarus, up to 1000HP :shok:

Yes i understand what you r saying but i think he is very busy to help me this time. 

I don't cart about switchable maps.

Even inside Romraider there is the patch file for speed density for the 32bit ecu that i am having. 

I might call Andy Forester to see what he is going to tell me.

Thanks mate!!

#14 tedscossie

tedscossie
  • LocationGreece/Athens

Posted 10 July 2016 - 06:13 PM

Andy Forrest is very highly regarded, having won TOTB numerous times. But he is in Scotland, another option is Eurospec in Guildford, who can tune pretty much anything... They are EFI certified tuners and also host tuning courses by EFI university. ...

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I might give'em a call them too.

I don't have a problem that Andy is in Scotland....cause i live in Greece ...hahahahaha

#15 tedscossie

tedscossie
  • LocationGreece/Athens

Posted 10 July 2016 - 06:15 PM

May have to look at something like syvecs. Not cheap but it's should see you right

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

If i wanted to change my ecu for another one i would have gone for Link G4+ or AEM infinity. 

But even that...doesn't worth it IMO.

Cheers

Ted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users