Shopping again need help :)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 dnok

dnok
  • LocationElland West Yorkshire

Posted 28 June 2016 - 05:45 PM

Hi all. At it again lol. In the process of sorting out the pedders lowering suspension from good sir brownpants and I've ordered whiteline ball joints and track rod ends to compliment the lower control arm bushes i already have. Ooo and let's not forget I already have a fat rear anti roll bar, rear diff polybushes, whiteline rear arb drop links and subframe locking bolts and rear camber bolts (although I won't fit them unless needed, bad experiences) oosh!

So I'm picking up power parts woohoo. I'm shopping for a decat up pipe so if anyone has one shout out! If not can you guys look at this http://www.ebay.co.u...tm/181999327033 and give me advice.

Is it correct one? Is it worth buying? Several of these on fleabay at moment.

MAIN QUESTION: Most come with gaskets on two manifold bolts/nuts BUT not the studs for the other end. Like read not to attempt fitting without having studs to hand as I WILL need them. Opinions? Also anyone know where to get them other than main dealer? Google skills failing me. And rough pricing I should expect?

Thanks y'all.

#2 stants

stants

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:29 PM

Import car parts has studs mate,
Www.importcarparts.co.uk

If you'd have posted a couple weeks ago you could have had my spare ones I bought for my downpipe that weren't needed :(

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#3 stockcar

stockcar
  • Locationthe grim north

Posted 29 June 2016 - 02:05 PM

you'd be better staying with the OE up-pipe rather than that egay job as it will lose torque & response..........

if you want a pukka custom offering then the Harvey Smith 'trick' up-pipes are the best performing

https://www.facebook...553517494659990

asperformance  / 0191-4103770

E-shop

MOTUL, EXEDY, FERODO, MILLERS OILS, AP RACING, TRS, PAGID, PERFORMANCE FRICTION, BREMBO, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, POWERFLEX and the list goes on................

#4 brownpantsracing

brownpantsracing
  • LocationBucks

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:01 PM

Good advice!

Could fit a newage Impreza STI up pipe which won't have a cat in it? Or 06-07 hawkeye WRX is the same without Cat.

I would always stay away from those cheap (under-engineered) ebay units.

2004 FSTI, Modified 2006 Impreza, 1963 VW beetle. All on the road for once! Woo hoo! :)

#5 dnok

dnok

Posted 29 June 2016 - 07:40 PM

I don't like these answers :( lol
I can't find an sti one second hand hence the eBay ideas. As for stick with stock no way! Lol. This is to be installed along with new turbo etc in my hunt for 300bhp so I'll definitly be needing to change it. It's not going on the standard motor :)

#6 brownpantsracing

brownpantsracing
  • LocationBucks

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:16 PM

Scott at Scoobyspares will have one I'm sure.

2004 FSTI, Modified 2006 Impreza, 1963 VW beetle. All on the road for once! Woo hoo! :)

#7 dnok

dnok

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:47 PM

Just thought, couldn't I just gut the original? Bit of work but an option

#8 dnok

dnok

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:47 PM

Cheers for the head up :)

#9 Blastertrev

Blastertrev
  • LocationSunny Cumbria (NOT)

Posted 29 June 2016 - 08:59 PM

Just a thought, IIRC I saw one on the Hayward and Scott website when I was looking for a high flow cat. 

May the Foz be with you....

#10 brownpantsracing

brownpantsracing
  • LocationBucks

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:16 PM

http://www.scoobynet...ja2-eibach.html

Matty is selling complete sti headers including the de-cat up pipe for £60 in the link above. Few around on Scoobynet. None on eBay, just checked.

#11 dnok

dnok

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:35 PM

http://www.scoobynet...ja2-eibach.html
Matty is selling complete sti headers including the de-cat up pipe for £60 in the link above. Few around on Scoobynet. None on eBay, just checked.

What!!!! Are these a straight bolt on on my xt? 03 2.0 xt for clarity. Mate if so I'm buying em right now lol

#12 brownpantsracing

brownpantsracing
  • LocationBucks

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:49 PM

Worth double checking but I believe so. Matty may know, or King of the parts diagrams Don. :)

#13 brownpantsracing

brownpantsracing
  • LocationBucks

Posted 29 June 2016 - 09:50 PM

Double post. Need new phone.

#14 dnok

dnok

Posted 29 June 2016 - 10:14 PM

Took the number I'm on it in the morning. Was going to drive down and pick it up after getting the pedders but that makes my day too long :( will have to stump up the postage on that one. Bugger lol

#15 brownpantsracing

brownpantsracing
  • LocationBucks

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:15 AM

From doing some searching I'm almost certain the headers and up pipe will fit your car.

#16 stockcar

stockcar
  • Locationthe grim north

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:59 PM

all Subaru single scroll turbo sets are the same basic design and fitment albeit they have specific variances over the years

asperformance  / 0191-4103770

E-shop

MOTUL, EXEDY, FERODO, MILLERS OILS, AP RACING, TRS, PAGID, PERFORMANCE FRICTION, BREMBO, WHITELINE, SUPER-PRO, POWERFLEX and the list goes on................

#17 brownpantsracing

brownpantsracing
  • LocationBucks

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:02 PM

Thanks for the confirmation Alyn. :)

#18 dnok

dnok

Posted 01 July 2016 - 06:52 AM

Picking up the manifold and up pipe after I've been to see you brownpants :) cheers

#19 brownpantsracing

brownpantsracing
  • LocationBucks

Posted 01 July 2016 - 07:54 AM

Sounds like a plan! See you later. Drive safe.

#20 dnok

dnok

Posted 04 July 2016 - 11:35 PM

Ok so I'm now the proud owner of an sti manifold and up pipe. Any advantage in porting and polishing the manifold where it meets the heads? I've heard it helps to increase spool or should I say decrease spool time ie make it spool quicker. Anybody any experience with this or any opinions? Ta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users