PCV valve

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dnok

dnok
  • LocationElland West Yorkshire

Posted 31 May 2016 - 08:18 PM

Hi, using a bit of oil which if I'm honest I'd reckon is probably a worn turbo :( but I have plans for that anyway :) so I thought I'd tackle the other possible cause, the pcv valve. Now I did mine on the sf no drama but being a cautious type I thought I'd start to google things regarding my xt. So.......

Firstly I can't find a write up on the removal / installation on a euro, uk 03 xt so if anyone has or knows of a good write up plz direct me to it. I know that's quite specific but it seems you need to be with some things on the fozzies.

Secondly I'm wondering if my pcv is in the plastic housing I've seen mentioned as I've seen it said that you WILL break the housing (plastic t piece) if you try and remove it. Instead you need to order the whole t piece and pcv as one unit and that it can be bought with all the pipes attached etc.

So if you have any info, guides or info on where to purchase or even what the whole unit would be called or described as to aid me finding it online to buy then please help me out.

Initially I was just going to remove it and clean it but by the sounds of things that could be trouble. Thanks

#2 stants

stants

Posted 01 June 2016 - 05:44 AM

Www.importcarparts.co.uk sell all the parts as a kit or separately,
I've got a valve to go on mine just no 19mm deep wall at the moment.
Have you looked on foz.org ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#3 dnok

dnok

Posted 01 June 2016 - 06:59 AM

I looked on icp but only saw the seperate valve? My search skills are failing me :(
And yes mate looked all over but found USA or 2.5 info but I'm sure if I got the bits needed I could figure it out I was more looking for confirmation about the dodgy plastic fitting or needing the whole part etc cheers

#4 dnok

dnok

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:00 AM

Oh and eBay great for sockets etc and cheap and easy :)

#5 stants

stants

Posted 01 June 2016 - 07:48 AM

It's one of the only sockets I don't have ! Was gonna do it when I had the i/c off last so it will have to wait till next time ^_^

Ah does you valve sit inside the plastic tee ?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#6 dnok

dnok

Posted 02 June 2016 - 04:43 AM

It would seem so according to online, I'm going to poke my head around it at some point today and try figure it out for myself but yeah if the online stuff is accurate then it's mounted inside plastic t. Odd

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users