Photo

UKF Subscription Service

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jim

Jim

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:58 PM

UKForester.com offers a subscription service for those who wish to contribute towards the forum and/or as a 'thankyou' for something you have found useful etc, meaning if you wish to, you can make a small monthly contribution to the forum via your Paypal account.*

Taking out a subscription is ENTIRELY VOLUNTARY and is not 'expected' of anyone as such. It is of course hugely appreciated however whenever subscriptions are taken out as it helps maintain the costs of the forum.  

How do you go about doing this?
First of all, open the 'Subscriptions' tab at the top of the forum (or through the 'Purchase Subscription' link in your profile drop down)  then proceed from there. 

You may choose from the following options:

• 3 month subscription at a cost of £5
  • 6 month subscription at a cost of £9
  • 12 month subscription at a cost of £17

Although the subscription service is set up purely as a means of providing a useful 'thankyou' for people who appreciate the use of the forum, I have been able to add in a few membership benefits for those who take out a subscription. These are simply a means of me saying thankyou to you for helping to support the site and contribute towards the costs I incur by running it.  

Additional options for people in the Subscriber group include:

• Number of stored PMs increases from 50 to 150 
  • Attachments may be sent by PM (subject to filesize limits etc)
  • Posting 'flood control' can be bypassed
  • After editing a post the 'Edited by' comment does not appear
  • Can edit own topic title & description
  • Personal Photo size increase from 100kb (150px x 150px) to 250kb (600x600px)
  • Can PM up to 25 people in on go
  • Exempt from PM flood control!

These are minor additions and as mentioned do not detract from the options available to non-subscribing members, but are merely intended as a means of thanking people who wish to support the board by subscribing.

Anyone who chooses to assist the forum in this way has my humble gratitude for helping to ensure that it remains here for the benefit of all who use it, and to help it to grow and become a great resource.

Jim

*Please note that taking out a subscription or donating does not entitle you to any claims over anything relating to the site/forum, and is a non-refundable donation except under agreed, exceptional circumstances, which are entirely at the forum admin's discretion.  While we absolutely appreciate the support of people who contribute in this way it should be understood by those who do so that subscribing does not entitle them to any 'rights' that they do not already have as a non subscriber.  It is a condition of subscription/donation that this has been read and understood, and that by proceeding with a subscription service you are agreeing with the above.

#2 Jim

Jim

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:50 PM

PS - if anyone subscribes, and finds that their account status does not automatically update from Member to Subscriber then please let me know as it's known that there is a glitch with this system over on UKL and I'm not yet sure if it will also manifest itself in the same way here.

#3 t1gger

t1gger

Posted 13 November 2013 - 05:02 PM

just subscribed for a year don't usually keep a car for much longer than that .so will have to keep it for another year.also noticed jammee signed up yesterday.he was asking a question on another site and pointed him to this site to look at my car in project cars to help him out.

#4 Wicky

Wicky

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:33 PM

Hi jim trying to send you a private message from your profile page
I have tried six times and every time page just goes grey and I can't go any further
I working of an iPad
Will retry later thanks in advance if you could send me a blank response and try that way.lol

#5 Jim

Jim

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:13 PM

just subscribed for a year don't usually keep a car for much longer than that .so will have to keep it for another year.also noticed jammee signed up yesterday.he was asking a question on another site and pointed him to this site to look at my car in project cars to help him out.

Thanks very much indeed chief - it's hugely appreciated thankyou.  Top work on helping point someone else to the forum too, thanks - hats off to you sir!

Hi jim trying to send you a private message from your profile page
I have tried six times and every time page just goes grey and I can't go any further
I working of an iPad
Will retry later thanks in advance if you could send me a blank response and try that way.lol

Wicky - not sure what's going on there sorry mate - will try this myself from my ipad and see if it does the same for me!  Sorry if there's a glitch though.
Have you tried from a PC at all or just ipad?  Will PM you anyway so you can hopefully reply.

Cheers!
Jim

#6 Jim

Jim

Posted 13 November 2013 - 09:35 PM

Defo something not right.  On both my apple devices I use full mode rather than mobile mode (the option to choose is at the bottom of the forum screen).

On my ipad I can open and read topics etc, and reply, but opening someone's profile gives a blank screen.  I'm certain a minute or two back though it did work once.

On my iphone it's the same basically.

Doesn't happen on UKL though, which is odd since it's the same software for both forums!  Will try to do some digging on this.

#7 Blastertrev

Blastertrev
  • LocationSunny Cumbria (NOT)

Posted 16 September 2014 - 09:58 PM

Now being almost a Fozzy owner I'm trying to take out a sub, but when I go through to Paypal and sign in it doesn't take me to a payment page. Any ideas please??

May the Foz be with you....

#8 Jim

Jim

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:28 PM

Hi Trev - sorry this is an issue, it's my fault for not investigating the fault yet as I've just had absolutely tons on my plate sorry.

If you'd like to still do that then please feel free to PM the details of the subscription you want, and I can sort it out for you. :)

Best regards

Jim

#9 Blastertrev

Blastertrev

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:21 PM

Hi Jim

same problem again - only this time it says I can't send you a PM?

Puzzled of Cumbria

#10 Jim

Jim

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:57 PM

Hi Trev - I'm not sure what's happened re' something saying you can't send me a PM - that's a new one on me I must admit.

I'll drop you a PM and get this sorted!

Cheers

JIm

#11 Blastertrev

Blastertrev

Posted 19 July 2016 - 10:35 AM

You have mail, replying to yours wasn't a problem. Computers, bah!

#12 Jim

Jim

Posted 20 July 2016 - 10:04 PM

This is weird Trev - did you send me an email or reply on here to the PM message I sent you?  I don't seem to have a PM reply if you did, so I hope you're going to say it was an email otherwise I've no idea where your message reply would be!!!  :unknw:  :shok:

#13 Blastertrev

Blastertrev

Posted 21 July 2016 - 08:32 AM

I replied to your PM on Tuesday - sent it again just now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users